Families may choose to self-direct services through county-based children’s services. We work together with counties to provide support for your home care needs.
Self-directed services offer you more choice and control over the care you or your loved one receives, and more choice and control over the person who provides that care. You select, train and manage their daily work schedule, and sign-off on their timesheet.
Consumer Direct Care Network Wisconsin will establish you as an employer, process caregiver paperwork and payroll, and file employee and employer taxes. This allows you the most choice, flexibility, control, and independence. You may also choose the Agency with Choice or “co-employer” option sharing the employer responsibility with Consumer Direct Care Network.
We provide the right tools so you can succeed in managing your supports and achieve your goals. On an ongoing basis, our Care Network will assist with tasks such as:
- Facilitating caregiver background checks
- Caregiver record retention
- Processing time sheet and issuing paychecks
- Withholding and filing employer and caregiver related payroll taxes
- Ensuring Worker’s Compensation and Unemployment Coverage
- Compliance with Federal and State rules and regulations
- Providing spending summaries (On-line access available)
We currently contract with the following counties providing Children’s Long-Term services:
Useful Children’s Long-Term Care Resources: